5. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT. We may ask You for certain information referred to on the software as “personal information,” which includes information that pertains to Your identity. Such information may include, but is not limited to, items such as Your name, address, date of birth, age, gender, email address, and telephone number. You may be required to provide personal information to access or use certain parts or features of Our software, including purchasing Our services, registering for an account, or otherwise. If You do not provide the requested personal information, You may not be able to access or use the features of the software where such information is requested. We may specifically obtain the following “personal information”:
- a – Contact Information. This information includes Your first name, last name, email address, mailing address, phone number, city, state, zip code, age, postal code, and country of residence. We will use this information to contact You regarding Your account and provide marketing communications to You regarding Our services. We may also use this information to analyze Our audience and visitors to the site to provide more tailored experiences and services in the software.
- b – Registration Information & Uploaded Content. You may choose to upload text, images, audio, and/or video in the software, or otherwise provide these files and information to Us. We will use this information to better provide the services, as well as to create Your account through the software. We will also require You to set up a username and password to register in the software so that We can provide better service to You, and for You to access more functionality in the software.
- c – Correspondence. Certain functionalities of the software may allow You to send communications through the software, or to Us directly via email or other communication channels. This information will be used to answer Your inquiries and provide better services.
- e – Marketing Information. We may collect marketing information regarding You, such as Your preferences for receiving communications about products or services We sell or the software, and Our activities, events, and publications, and details about how You engage with Our communications.
- f – Marketing Information. Merchants who enter into a contract with Us which is separate from this service have their own terms and conditions for notice of collection and governing Our overall confidentiality, data privacy, and data security obligations with respect to personal information. As a result, those terms apply to those merchants and not this statement. Provided, however, that if a merchant is also a customer outside of the separate agreement, the provisions of this agreement do apply.
6. GENERAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED. There may be other instances in which We collect information from You that is more general in nature (“general information”). Such information may include Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which enables Us to identify Your computer or device on a Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) network, which includes the World Wide Web. Your computer has an IP address, which is required in Order for You to communicate with others via the Internet. Such general information, including the click stream data and cookies, as mentioned below, may be collected from You whenever You access the software, whether or not You provide Us with any personal information.
- a –Click Stream Data. When You use Our software, We may also collect “click stream data” (server address, domain name). This information can be combined with information You have provided to Us by registering, for example, which will enable Us to analyze and better customize Your visits. We may use click stream data for traffic analysis or e-commerce analysis of Our software, to determine which features of Our site are most or least effective or useful to You.
- c –Usage Information. Usage information includes information about how You use the services and the software and interact with Us, including information associated with any content You upload to the software or otherwise submit to Us, and information You provide when You use any interactive features of the software or Protect’s services.
7. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND USE OF GENERAL INFORMATION. In addition to the usage of Your information indicated above, We will primarily use the personal information You provide and any general information We receive from You to provide products and services to You, including, but not limited to, the following:
- a – To administer a content promotion survey or other service and to provide You with the relevant products or services.
- b – To send You information or materials via email about products, offers, and news We think might interest You. This information may relate to products, offers, and news of Protect or its licensees or selected commercial partners. If You no longer wish to receive any emails from Us, or if You want to modify Your personal data or want Your personal data to be deleted from Our database, see Section 12.
- c – To analyze visits to the website and learn about the interests of Our visitors in aggregate and also on a personal level to better understand Your interests and needs, so We can improve Our services and deliver to You the type of content, features and promotions that You are most interested in.
8.PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION. In Order to protect both the personal information and the general information that We receive from You through Our software, We have implemented various security measures. Please keep in mind, however, that whenever You give out personal information online or through software, there is a risk that third parties may intercept and use that information. While Protect strives to protect Your personal information and privacy, We cannot guarantee the security of any information You disclose. By using this software, You expressly acknowledge and agree that We do not guarantee the security of any data provided to or received by Us through this software and that any personal information, general information, or other data or information received from You through the software is provided to Us at Your own risk, which You expressly assume.
9. THIRD PARTIES.
- c – Security and Release of Information. Protect will release personal or general information without Your consent for security purposes, when required by law, or to prevent imminent harm to any person or entity. We will disclose personal or general information upon receipt of a court Order or subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, which may include responding to requests and court Orders from jurisdictions outside the United States. We fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use Our services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that We in good faith believe to be unlawful, as determined in Our sole discretion. Release of Your personal data for security purposes, as described in this agreement to any person or entity under any circumstances shall be based on a determination made solely by Us, exercising Our own discretion, permission for which is expressly granted by You to Us in accordance with this Policy.
10. AUTOMATIC COLLECTION AND COOKIES. A cookie is a small string of information that the website You visit transfers to Your computer or device for identification purposes. Cookies can be used to follow Your activity on the website and that information helps Us to understand Your preferences and improve Your website experience. Cookies are also used for such activities as remembering Your information input on the site, if You use such a feature on this site. You can turn off all cookies, in case You prefer not to receive them. You can also have Your computer warn You whenever cookies are being used. For both options You have to adjust Your browser settings (such as Mozilla, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Internet Explorer). There are also software products available that can manage cookies for You. Please be aware, however, that when You choose to reject cookies, this choice may limit the functionality of the website You visit, and You may lose access to some of its features.
11. DELETING OR MODIFYING PERSONAL INFORMATION. You may cancel Your registration at any time, and You may opt out of receiving any emails from Protect. Additionally, You can choose to have all Your personal information deleted from Our database. You may opt out, or delete or modify Your personal information, by emailing Us. We encourage You promptly to update Your personal information when it changes.
12. CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT. The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) does not apply to this software, users of this software, or Orders placed via this software or through third party merchants.
13. CROSS BORDER DATA TRANSFER. If We transfer Your personal information from or to Europe to a country outside of Europe such that We are required to apply additional safeguards to Your personal information under European data protection laws, or You are a European resident, We will do so.
5940 S. Rainbow Blvd. Ste. 400 #84045
Las Vegas, Nevada 89118-2507 US